The purpose of the Lorraine Pace College Scholarship Program is to assist Long Island high school students, who have had a parent, legal guardian or have been themselves, diagnosed with breast cancer, pursue their educational goals. It is designed to provide two one-time awards of $2,000. The scholarship is NOT need-based. Criteria for consideration includes community involvement and personal commitment and is solely the decision of the Scholarship Committee of Breast Cancer Help, Inc.
• Have had a parent, legal guardian or themselves diagnosed with breast cancer.
• You must be a high school senior who will graduate by June 2017.
• A resident of Bay Shore, Islip, Brentwood, Deer Park, North Babylon, Babylon, West Babylon or West Islip, New York.
• Have been accepted to and plan to attend a two or four year college or university or accredited vocational school upon graduation.
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
The applicant is responsible for insuring that all items listed below are
submitted as one package and postmarked by April 30, 2017.
1) Completed application
2) Personal essay
3) Two letters of recommendation
4) Acceptance letter from college/university/vocational school
5) Physician’s letter supporting a cancer diagnosis (medical information will be kept confidential and will only be utilized to qualify consideration for the scholarship)
Mail to: Scholarship Committee
Breast Cancer Help, Inc.
32 Park Avenue
Bay Shore, NY 11706